Saturday, May 26, 2012

Ninth: A Fitger 1 (Duluth, MN)



We decided to head up to Duluth one weekend on a Photo Excursion.  It was a great time, and I actually captured what I needed for four Then & Nows.  However I have only completed 2 of them.  Its quite funny how I captured the original images for A. Fitger Brewery.  This one, was particularly interesting because I actually reproduced it within a display case, behind glass, with glare up the yang.  Using a circular polarizer on the end of my macro lens I was able to diminish the glare tremendously, the rest of it I just removed via Photoshop.  This one - was amazing, because it was at the time, the most accurate one I re-photographed!  I couldn't wait to get home, so I actually created a rough draft later in the hotel room!  This one was really fun to blend, because I was actually "weaving" the brick!  It lined up so well, I could pick and choose individual bricks to bring through from the Then to the Now and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment