Thursday, October 25, 2012

Twenty Second: The Salon, Spa and Fitness Studio - Wausau, WI - 1968/2012


Kristy - owner of The Salon, Spa & Fitness Studio at 530 McClellan Street in Wausau - commissioned me to do a Then & Now of her building!  This one was the most drastic perspective and distortion level change I have ever done, the reason being is from the exact location the old photographer was standing, you can barely even see the building at all, as there is a huge tree over hanging in the front yard.  So what I had to do was shoot from a much lower respective, about 10 feet to the left - so using what I have learned from my experience with this process, what i actually did was flip flopped sides of the lenses to try to make up for that gap in perspective and distortion change.  What this means technically, is for the right side of the image, i used the left side of my lens - Top of image, the bottom part of my lens.  This allowed me to greatly close that gap and allow me to fine-tune it in post production!

No comments:

Post a Comment